The Clean CO2 Software is a tool developed by Lavola which is based on a personalized online aplication, customizable to each business sector of the Affiliate Programme clients and integrated into the purchase procedure. The software allows to introduce the concept of sustainability and carbon management to the services offered to the end customer, from the calculation, management, compensation and communication of the impact on climate change derived from the use of those products or services. As a result, any product or service which greenhouse gas emissions are offsetted using this application, get the “Clean CO2 Certified” seal, a document accrediting the greenhouse gas emissions neutrality of the service or product that can be delivered to the final consumer.
There are 7 solutions of the Clean CO2 Software, customized to different business sectors:
- Travels: calculate and offset the greenhouse gas emissions of tourist packs, including the means of transport used, types of overnight stays and meals (methodology: ISO 14067).
- Hotels: calculate and offset the emissions of each overnight stay taking into account the room type and the hotel characteristics. It also allows calculating and offsetting the annual carbon footprint of the entire hotel, discounting the amount of emissions offsetted by the clients (methodology: ISO 14067 & GHG Protocol/ISO 14064).
- Events: calculate and offset the emissions of an event including the facilities, the participants’ journeys, overnight stays, catering service and materials (methodology: ISO 14067 & GHG Protocol/ISO 14064).
- Rent a car: calculate and offset car emissions depending on its make and model. It also allows calculating and offsetting the annual carbon footprint of the vehicle fleet, discounting the amount of emissions offsetted by the clients (methodology: ISO 14067).
- Products: calculate and offset the emissions and other environmental impacts of the entire life cycle of a product taking into account its volume and material characteristics. This solution offers different data bases for the calculation engine, depending on the business sectors and it allows to generate Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) (methodology: ISO 14067).
- Business: calculate and offset the emissions of an organization taking into account all the emission sources in scopes 1, 2 and 3 (methodology: GHG Protocol/ISO 14064).
- Basic: offset the carbon footprint calculated by the client using external means.
The Clean CO2 software is a practical and easy to use tool that consists of 4 menus:
- Calculate: create a new product/service offered to an end consumer and calculate its carbon footprint according to the appropiate international methodology, that differs between the different Clean CO2 Software solutions.
- Manage: make individual or group queries of the calculated carbon footprints, allowing its management, visualization and edition. Display which services or products have been calculated, which have been offsetted, view the individual and global carbon footprint reports and the “Clean CO2” certificates. Download the “Clean CO2 Certified” seal of the offsetted products and services, with a specific certificate number and QR code to access to the informative app of “Clean CO2”.
- Offset: neutralize the carbon footprint calculated for products or services acquired by the end costumers, select a high quality emission reduction project from the carbon market, listed in the software depending on the availability of carbon credits. Once the offset is done, you can generate the “Clean CO2” and give it to your client, acrediting the carbon neutrality of the product or service acquired.
- Communicate: Check the interactive map to see the projects in which you have offset the carbon emissions of your products or services and their contribution to the fight against climate change to date. View specific information of each project, the volume of offset greenhouse gas emissions, the money investment, etc.
If you want to have access to a Clean CO2 Software demo, contact us.